Friday, April 6

Adventures in Scotland

I have officially been introduced to Scotland. I flew into Edinburgh on Tuesday and was met with a stolen/borrowed BFF and her Giggity. I was treated to my first pub experience and met all of my Frenchy Scottish Girlfriend's pals. The next day I had the best tour guide ever and I saw 5 castles. Yes count that 5 CASTLES! I drove by hundreds of sheep and baby lambs and I wanted to snatch them all up. I saw my very first Highland Cow. Oh My God!! If I I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it!! They are crazy hairy! There will be photos in a blog coming soon. The next thing I saw in Scotland blows my mind.. a dry ski run. What the fuck is this you ask? It is the side of a huge hill covered in white carpet that people ski and snowboard down. There is no snow!! I mean. There was NO snow. They said that this is common and thy have them in the states. Not sure if I was being trolled. Lol.

My next day in Scotland my lovely host and tour guide took me to the amazing Kelvin Grove Museum. It was AWESOME!! After that we went for a pint in Tennets an fabulous pub. While enjoying my very first pint of Guinness in a pub in the UK we smelled smoke. Sure enough looking out the window there is debris falling from the building because a flat above the pub is on fire. We went outside for obvious reasons and this flat is majorly on fire. Huge like I have never seen. The hilariously part is we were some of the only ones to leave the pub. The hardcore old Scotsman had to finish their pints. Lol. Memorable way to enjoy my first UK Guinness.

Tomorrow I am going on a sub crawl which is when you get on the tube and get off on every stop and walk to the nearest pub for an alcoholic beverage. Then proceed to the next stop on the train for another and another. There are 15 stops let's pray I can hang. More adventures to follow....

1 comment:

  1. Eh, you forgot the part about you eating Haggis, Neeps and Tatties! Did you see the lochness monster too, or was it just a monster hangover you had!? Haha. Seems to be a trend here, you're really making us Scots out to be heavy drinkers??? And I mean, that's just not true at all...merely a stereotype! *wink wink* xo

    Enjoy the Sub Crawl, I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete